Effective Date: February 26, 2020
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. When you visit our Service, we may assign your device one or more cookies to facilitate access to our Service and to personalize your online experience. Through the use of a cookie, we also may automatically collect information about your online activity on the Service, such as the web pages you visit, the time and date of your visits, the links you click, and the searches you conduct on our Service. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. You can choose to browse on the Site without cookies, but without these identifier files you may experience a loss of functionality of the Site as a result.
For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site. The information we obtain in this manner enables us to customize the Service we offer our visitors and users to deliver targeted advertisements and to measure the overall effectiveness of our online advertising, content, programming or other activities.
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information”.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud;
- Respond to your customer-Service inquiries or requests;
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our Products or Services;
- Customize, measure and improve our Services and your purchase experience;
- Personalize your experience on our Site;
- Verify your identity and to assist you if you forget your username or password;
- Provide you with important notices and information about the Site and our Services;
- Improve or update the Site or our Services;
- Help us debug or fix software problems;
- Ask for ratings and/or reviews of Services or Products;
- Process your payments and send notices about your transactions;
- Provide you with newsletters, marketing communications, or advertising.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
WITH WHOM WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Please note that we will not sell, rent, or lease your Personal Information to third-parties under any circumstances.
We share your Personal Information with third-parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store - you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
We may anonymize or aggregate data collected through the Service and use and disclose it for any purpose.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these Services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/
At present, there is no industry standard for recognizing Do Not Track browser signals, so we do not respond to them.
The Site may contain hyperlinks to websites operated by third-parties. We are not responsible for the content of such websites, or how those websites collect, store, use, and distribute any Personal Information you provide. Please note that third-party content has its privacy policies. We recommend that you consult the privacy statements of all third-party websites you visit by clicking on the "privacy" link typically located at the bottom of the webpage you are visiting.
Every User can be assured that we will process his or her Personal Information fairly and lawfully. We guarantee the following:
- Your Personal Information will only be processed for expressly stated and legitimate purposes.
- Processing of Personal Information will always be sufficient, proportionate and never excessive.
- We will never store your Personal Information longer than is strictly necessary.
We have taken sufficient technical and organizational measures to guarantee safe processing of your Personal Information. These measures are consistent with the nature of the Personal Information and proportionate to the potential severity of the risk.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS (CALIFORNIA ONLY)
This section provides additional details about how we process Personal Information of California consumers and the rights available to them under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) and California’s Shine the Light law.
For more details about the Personal Information we have collected, including the categories of sources, please see the “Personal Information we collect” section above. We collect this information for purposes described in the “How do we use your Personal Information?” section above. We share this information with the categories of third parties described in the “With whom we share your Personal Information?” section above. We do not sell (as such term is defined in the CCPA) the Personal Information we collect.
Subject to certain limitations, the CCPA provides California consumers the right to request to know more details about the categories or specific pieces of Personal Information we collect (including how we use and disclose this information), to delete their Personal Information, to opt out of any “sales” that may be occurring, and to not be discriminated against for exercising these rights.
California consumers may make a request pursuant to their rights under the CCPA by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will verify your request using the information associated with your account, including email address. Government identification may be required. Consumers can also designate an authorized agent to exercise these rights on their behalf.
California also provides its residents with additional access rights. Under Shine the Light law, the residents have the right to ask companies once a year what Personal Information they share with third parties for those third parties' direct marketing purposes. Learn more about what is considered to be Personal Information under the statute.
To obtain this information from us, please send an email message to email@example.com, which includes “Request for California Shine the Light Privacy Information” on the subject line and your state of residence and email address in the body of your message. Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by the “Shine the Light” requirements and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
We are a general audience Service and do not use the Service to knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of thirteen (13) that requires parental notice and consent under the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act ("COPPA") without such parental consent. In fact, if you are under 18 years of age, you are not permitted to use the Service and should not send any information about yourself to us through the Service.
In the event that we become aware that we have collected Personal Information from any child, we will dispose of that information in accordance with COPPA and other applicable laws and regulations. If you are a parent or guardian and you believe that your child under the age of 13 has provided us with Personal Information without COPPA-required consent, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CONSENT TO TRANSFER
The Service is primarily operated in the United States. In order to provide our Products and Services to you, we may send and store your Personal Information outside of the country where you reside or are located, including to the United States. Accordingly, if you reside or are located outside of the United States, your Personal Information may be transferred outside of the country where you reside or are located, including to countries that may not or do not provide the same level of protection for your Personal Information. We are committed to protecting the privacy and confidentiality of Personal Information when it is transferred.
Again, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, feel free to contact us by e‑mail at email@example.com or by sending a registered or regular mail to: CookFactor, 7455 Arroyo Crossing, Suite 220, Las Vegas, Nevada, 89113, United States of America.